Chief Operating Officer needed to provide leadership, oversight and vision, ensuring consistency with corporate strategy, consistency of process, and internal/external customer satisfaction with services provided by JHNA. The COO will lead people and collaborate proactively.
OVERALL STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT/IMPLEMENTATION
• Collaborate with JHNA’s CEO, President, and CDO to develop and implement the strategic plan
• Initiate “White Papers” in conjunction with members of JHNA’s Technical Team to assist in determining unmet needs for DoD clients
• Assist in the capture, business development and proposal process in growing JHNA’s portfolio
• Develop relationships that assist in new targets of opportunity in DoD, the Intelligence Community, the Special Programs community, and other Federal Civilian agencies
• Provide the strategic vision and roadmap to ensure continued growth and success of JHNA across the DoD, the Intel Community, the Special Programs community, and Federal Civilian agencies.
• Keep alert to, and create opportunities for, potential acquisitions that increases JHNA’s competitiveness in the market
• Coordinate the business development activities of the Division to ensure continued profitable revenue growth. Deliver bids within allocated Bid and Proposal funding.
• Use established relationships and develop new ones with key Government decision makers and acquisition officials to lead/deliver/win new and current business.
• Create an extensive Network of Positive Relationships. This position requires a substantial network of contacts and relationships at multiple levels of the DoD including Director-level staff as well as middle management of functional and execution organizations.
• Will be a friendly face that is respected and trusted by our customers.
MARKETING/EXPANSION OF BRAND AWARENESS
• Identify and attend key meetings/conferences/programs that are appropriately aligned to JHNA’s strategy
• Increase brand awareness and expand marketing and public relations
• enhance brand recognition and customer presence
• Manage and develop a small team of operations staff
• Work with our Executive team to provide organizational leadership
• Establish priorities and schedules to support program critical milestones and delivery requirements
• Oversee ongoing maintenance and updating of infrastructure
• Work with staff and vendors to ensure facility management
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2015 Policies and Processes
• Implement consistent and standard processes for business planning and forecasting, staffing, delivery, reporting, technical achievements, and client relationship management.
• Reviews and approves policies and procedures
• Provide guidance and direction to Program Directors and Managers in addressing program issues
• Conducting Operations Reviews to monitor performance against objectives
• P&L and contract/task management responsibilities
• Maintain contractual and programmatic oversight of all projects within the Division. Provide status on a timely basis for all major projects at least monthly.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership and entrepreneurial skills, strong collaborative skills working in a team environment, well-honed networking skills, particularly in the aerospace and defense environment, strong fiscal management and operating experience, strong written and verbal skills.